Sustainability is a journey
For us, sustainability is a journey. It is a commitment we make every day through the many decisions we make. We realize we still have a long way to go. We will continue working on our commitment to be a responsible fashion business focused on designing and making products which maintain their quality and functionality over time.
Our little steps
- Looking at a pile of barely touched boxes once laying around in our office, we decided to bring them back to life. We are very happy to see that the majority of our clients chooses reused packaging for the delivery of items purchased online. Thank you for not judging a parcel by its package!
- Otwarte klatki organization
- We have established cooperation with the Otwarte Klatki organization, which brings together entities that want to change the fate of caged animals. We have never used natural fur in our collections and we certainly will not do so in the future.
- 1% for social initiatives
- One of our fundamental principles is to donate a minimum of 1% of our sales income to social initiatives. We created the initiatives program because we want to share what we have.
- Zero waste
- We try to reduce material losses and production waste as much as possible. We create small capsule collections from surplus materials to find a use for what we have in the best way we can.
- Recycled materials
- Recycled materials have an increasing share in our collections. In 2020, 100% cotton Denim appeared in our collection, 30% of which is recycled. In the Knitewear collection for 2021, 3 of the 4 models are made partly from recycled yarns. Their share ranges from 20% to 40%.
- We launched Relove, because we wanted to let someone else love the items which no longer spark your joy. It is a first second-hand platform created by a Polish clothing brand. You can bring us and buy used items that are still great and ready for the next chapter.
- Sharing our experience
- Since the beginning of our existence, we took part in over 30 public discussion panels, fashion conferences, speeches during Gdynia Design Days, lecture for the students of the Warsaw School of Economics among many others. Our aim is to educate and share our knowledge and experience with others.
When creating each item, we take into account the aesthetics, quality, functionality and source of materials. Having a choice of the appearance of the material or its proven origin and ethical production, we will always choose the latter option. Each time we check and ask for manufacturers' certificates. The use of ethically produced materials is becoming more and more possible thanks to the growing demands of clothing brands and your interest in this topic.
Materials we use:
- recycled cotton
- certified OEKO-TEX® 100 cotton
- TENCEL™ (Lyocell)
- ECOVERO™ natural viscose
- bamboo fabric
- GOTS certified organic cotton
Materials we do not use:
- acrylic fibres
- heavy washed denim
MORE ABOUT MATERIALS
- WHY OUR DENIM IS SO UNIQUE?
- - The fabric is made of primary and recycled cotton blend.
- Denim is produced in plants that use energy from renewable sources (burning biomass from waste - nut shells) and maintain high standards of care for the environment and the user of clothing, which is confirmed by the OEKO-TEX ® certificate.
- We sew and finish (wash) denim clothing in Poland, which guarantees the minimization of transport - the carbon footprint, certainty of ethical working conditions at our subcontractors and provides support to local companies.
- - LYOCELL is a material (the latest, third generation of fibers) made of cellulose regenerated in a fully organic and ecological process, minimizing water and energy consumption.
- LYOCELL has unique functional properties: it is hygienic (it absorbs sweat well), it is pleasant to the touch, elegant in appearance, durable and elastic, and completely biodegradable.
- - ECOVERO TM is an artificial cellulose material, so it is suitable for vegans and completely biodegradable, the manufacturer of which - the LENZING company - took care of the highest ecological standards, which can be maintained in the production of viscose-type fibers.
- Compared to classic viscose, water consumption has been minimized by 50% in the production of ECOVERO TM, a sustainable source of cellulose biomass has been ensured and recycled raw material has been included in the production process.
- - MicroModal ® is an artificial cellulose material of the second generation produced in the form of a super-thin fiber with very good functional properties: it is durable and elastic - which extends the time and ease (less wrinkling) of clothing made of it.
- Furthermore, it has very beneficial hygienic and sensory features in contact with our skin.
- It is fully biodegradable, and its manufacturer - LENZING is a leader in the industry when it comes to ecology (95% of substances used in the production process of MICROMODAL® are reused).
- - The producer of the Lyocell we use, known under the TENCEL TM trademark, is the European leader in ecological production of artificial cellulose fibers - the LENZING company.
- TENCEL TM is made of regenerated cellulose obtained from sustainable sources of biomass and recycling (innovative technology REFIBRA TM). It is obtained exclusively from organic compounds, without the formation of harmful derivatives, with minimal consumption of water and energy.
- It has very high functional characteristics - it is hygienic (it perfectly drains and absorbs sweat), pleasant to the skin, durable, and elastic.
- It is suitable for vegans and completely biodegradable.
- CUPRO (COPPER FIBER)
- - CUPRO is an artificial cellulose fiber with visual and functional properties intermediate between silk and cotton, so it is an attractive proposition for vegans.
- Production is carried out in a closed-loop, which minimizes waste and the impact on the environment.
- Clothing made of this material shows good hygienic properties, is pleasant to the touch, and is fully biodegradable.
- ECOLIFE YARN
- - ECOLIFE ® is a whole line of certified yarns (sustainable yarns) from which fabrics and knitted fabrics our garments are made.
- The Spanish manufacturer of ECOLIFE ® yarn took care of the highest ecological standards in the process of selecting raw materials (natural and/or recycled), dyeing, and refining the threads.
- The company uses 75% of solar energy and boasts zero water consumption, no harmful chemicals, and zero CO 2 emission. At the same time, it maintains the highest quality and design standards.
You can help your garments last longer and reduce their environmental impact by caring for them properly. We encourage our customers to: wash our clothes on low temperatures, avoid tumble drying, iron less, dry clean only when absolutely necessary, repair and keep the garments.